Sunday, June 21, 2009

Time to Teach Irresponsible Dog Owners a Lesson!

It happened again on Friday. I stepped in dog shit! This is the 2nd time this has happened in a month. You'd think I'd be used to steering clear of dog poop growing up in Riverdale - the dog shit capital of the world. But no dice. I'm pretty sure my current neighborhood - Jerusalem's East Talpiot is the dog shit capital of Jerusalem. And our street is hands down the dog shit capital of E. Talpiot. So if you ever visit Rechov Mordechai Elkachi, you need to seriously watch out.

Walking home from Shabbat lunch, I bitched about Dog shit and the kind of sociopaths that let an animal relieve itself pretty much where ever it pleases until Simone had to cut me off and say why don't you blog about it - I really don't want to hear any more about dog shit. Plus my almost 3 year old, Erez, was starting to use the term too.

But seriously, what kind of person let's their dog shit in the public domain? Is it just laziness, or is it their way of giving society a big middle finger. And I bet people that let their dogs shit in the middle of the sidewalk never step in it themselves, in the same way a thief is much less likely to get robbed. It's only us poor unsuspecting saps that don't think to look out for it that end up tracking it up 52 stairs across their dining room and kitchen 15 minutes before the guests show up for Mexican Friday night (which by the way was awesome - Ben, Bron and Michal, I want my half a bottle of tequila back ;-).

Anyway, the next time you see a dog shitting mid-sidewalk, owner by its side, not a care in the world, walk up to them and ask them if they were planning on cleaning that up? When they say no, grab the nearest plastic bag, scoop it up and start chasing them down the street with it (not recommended where there is a pit-bull or rottweiler involved). Another alternative is to follow them home and bring your 3 year old to their front door for a potty training session. I guarantee that will be one dog that doesn't shit mid-sidewalk ever again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

Common Sense said...

My mom thinks it should be renamed Mordechai Elkaki Street ;-)